« Home | Corporate Robbers » | Quick Update » | IFRS: Pour Le Meilleur ... » | Made For The Job » | How Much Are You Worth? » | A Socially Responsible Investor? » | Past Trends + Ignorance = Trading Stunt-ware » | False Accounting Rampant in China » | What Makes a Stock SEXY? » | The J.O.B Market and Extravagant CEOs »

Once I've done the plan ...

10 Things Your Financial Planner Won't Tell You! From SmartMoney.com, article by Nkiru Asika Oluwasanmi

1. "I got this gig on a whim."

"The bulk of people who market themselves as financial advisers are salespeople," says the Consumer Federation of America's director of investor protection, Barbara Roper.

2. "I'm a jack of all trades and master of none."

6. "Once I've done the plan, I'm outta here..."

"many clients find that a once-attentive planner becomes increasingly elusive as time wears on."

8. "Confused? That's the point."

9. "In fact, I don't even understand your plan."

10. "Good luck busting me for malpractice."