« Home | IFRS: Pour Le Meilleur ... » | Made For The Job » | How Much Are You Worth? » | A Socially Responsible Investor? » | Past Trends + Ignorance = Trading Stunt-ware » | False Accounting Rampant in China » | What Makes a Stock SEXY? » | The J.O.B Market and Extravagant CEOs » | Find-A-Career: Investment Banking » | FTSE4Good Index »

Quick Update

Hi everyone,
I know I haven't been very regular this month. I wish I could make at least one post a day. But the last few weeks have been so stressful. Everything is happening now. Because it all has to happen now.
After work and J.O.B hunting, I don't have much time left. Fortunately, it seems things are getting better. I have several interviews scheduled over the next few days. Yaahooo!! Now I just have to work hard to turn them into job offers.
On top of that, I am working on a stock portfolio. Nothing too complicated. My investment style is GARP (Growth At a Reasonable Price). It is a multi-sector US+AUS portfolio. Right now I am runnig a few screens and checking different sectors that offer the desired risk-to-return ratio. I already have a test portfolio that I am testing in Excel. Next I'll have to come up with a proper benchmark.
Besides this I am trying to finish the Limping Bull Version 1.0 ! I can't tell yet when it will be ready to go. Maybe a few more weeks (at this pace :( .
I have plenty on my plate these days. But it is all going well. Slow and Safe.
I still have a few posts unfinished. I hope to get them done during my two days off. If I remember well, I still have to talk about the Dow Jones Islamic Index, the Sarbane-Oxley Act and IFRS (Pour le Meilleur + Pour le Pire).
I'd better get going now. See you in a few days. Until then take good care.